Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ghetto Tragedy

You all may have heard me use this phrase in the past. I can't remember who I got it from, but I assure you that I didn't come up with it on my own. Those that haven't heard it before are probably wondering exactly what classifies something as a "ghetto tragedy". A ghetto tragedy is something that can happen anywhere, but is only a tragedy in the ghetto, OR it is something that would ONLY happen in the ghetto, and therefore, is a tragedy. Example: Fried chicken/fish with no hot sauce...ghetto tragedy; Koolaide with no sugar...ghetto tragedy; showing up an hour and forty-five minutes late for your wedding in a Chevy Avalanche...ghetto tragedy; running out of plates at the buffet, and having to shut it down so you can wash more...ghetto tragedy; having a dry wedding, and your husband, groomsmen, and wedding coordinator sneaking into the kitchen and drinking...ghetto tragedy. I think you get the picture.

I think that's all I'm going to say about this one, ya'll comment with your examples.

1 comment:

Journey_DaButtafly said...

Gurl... you ain't right...but you are CORRECT!

Why? That's all I can say when witnessing such 'tragedies'... Like taking my son to take pictures at the mall. Little "Tyrone" I'll call him, all dressed up in the latest Nike gear, with a nappy head and crying that he's hungry. Nose running like the little boy from Martin and his mama only 15 years older than him... in matching Nike gear!

As Tyrone continues to cry and snot all over his Nike uniform... mama tells him to Shut the EFF UP and hits him a few times in his nappy head.

Ok, was that supposed to comfort him? Is that what we do in the skreets? GHETTO TRAGEDY!